To upload an illustration, open the Contributor Dashboard, as shown in the image below.
Once you have logged in, you can find different types of assets like icons, illustrations, 3D, and Lottie animation. To upload illustrations, follow the given steps.
Please select Illustrations from the list of asset types.
Once you click on Illustrations, you can see different options.
The following are the different options available to you. Here are their functions:
Upload New: It allows you to upload new illustrations and add them to your existing ones.
Live in Store: This option allows you to see how many of your illustrations are live on Iconscout.
Draft: This displays the number of illustrations you have saved but have not uploaded yet.
Under Review: This shows the number of illustrations that are seeking approval from our team.
Need to Improve: This displays the illustrations that need a little bit of improvement.
Rejected: Here all your rejected illustrations are shown.
Deleted: It shows all your deleted illustrations that are no longer in use.
Failed: It displays your illustrations that failed to publish on the board.
To upload your Illustration, please click on "Upload New”.
- Mandatory file formats for uploading illustrations are PNG and SVG. However, contributors may also upload optional file formats likely EPS, JPG, and AI.
- It is important to keep in consideration that while using the drag & drop functionality to submit illustrations, contributors must select at least three illustrations, which must consist of all file formats for a particular asset.
- While uploading an illustration, please make sure all the formats of one illustration have the same name (case-sensitive) so that we can group them.
- For tagging, we extract tags and titles from the jpg file metadata for a seamless upload process. Please refer to the image shared below, for understanding file formats requirements:
Here you can see options on the right-top corner of your screen, explained briefly below:
Save Draft: This allows you to save your uploaded pack temporarily.
Delete Draft: This allows you to delete your pack, please note this action is not reversible.
Upload More: This allows you to add more illustrations to your pack.
To upload Mockups/Pack Preview, please click on which will redirect you to your local folder. You can add up to 8 previews.
Advanced Option: It allows you to apply the common tags to all your illustrations at once, please refer to the image shared below:
Contributors can input up to 50 tags per asset.
After doing all of the steps mentioned, please refer to the below points:
- Check if all the files contain the necessary file formats.
- Make sure all the files have the same style and consistency.
- Now you need to give a Title and Description to each illustration.
There is a Pack Preview checkbox you need to select if you wish to include that illustration in the preview. By default, the system will take the first illustration as a packed preview.
You need to select a bundle too. To learn what a bundle is, please check out this link.
Additionally, contributors need to add a Category and sub-category which includes pre-defined options to choose from.
After filling in all the details, Press the “Submit” button. All your illustrations will be submitted successfully. After you submit, please wait for 7-10 business days to get a review from our team. Once our team curates the assets, they will be live on IconScout.